Monday, March 31, 2008

My Discovery

I went to the Bay Area Discovery Museum during my trip to California and boy was it fun! It is by far the coolest children's museum in the whole world as far as I'm concerned. I've been to the NY Children's Museum many times and the Bay Area one is on a whole new level. Don't let the websites fool you- the NY kids may look like they are having more fun, but they really aren't.

I met up with my old pal Spencer and we had a blast at the Tot Spot river where we played with plastic fish and frogs for about an hour. I liked collecting the fish (especially swiping them from other kids) and then bringing them over to my cache where mom and mimi were sitting. Spencer liked taking the fish and hiding them in different places (like under the mote). At one point I felt like connecting with nature, so I dipped my hand in the water and drank right out of the stream, just like I would if I were hiking in the mountains. Mom got pretty upset- she said that it was disgustingly dirty water and I might get really sick. What does she know, I felt better than ever after this refreshing moment. It sure tasted better than the pool water in La Quinta.

This was just the beginning. Afterwards we went to Lookout Cove and did so much more. It was a great day. I took a three hour nap after my excursion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made our Museum one of your California spots to visit! Hope you come back next time you're in the area.