Friday, July 20, 2007

A New Fish in the Pool

This week I had swimming lessons every day. I'll give you a brief synopsis.
Monday- Not excited to be in the pool at all. Cried the first five minutes and clung to my mommy and said "No mow" the next 25 minutes. Really enjoyed the duckie pool ring and wouldn't do anything without holding on to it. Learned how to blow bubbles and kick.
Tuesday- Didn't cry, but was still wary of the pool. My mom tricked me into going under the water- not happy about that AT ALL. Really wanted to end the lesson there and then. Kicked some more and learned how to push off from the wall and pull myself up out of the pool. Was still very attached to my duckie pool ring. Also learned the prone position. Not really into that, but did a little kicking on my back to appease my mom.
Wednesday- Climbed into the pool rather quickly. Learned how to jump off the side of the wall with mom's help of course. Did all that other stuff- some happily and some not so happily. Did a lot of kicking and learned big arms. Also learned about the kick board. I'm a smart girl though, because even though one hand was on the kick board, my other hand was always attached to mom.
Thursday (Final Lesson)- Sang "Swimming in the wawa" all morning until my lesson. As soon as I was at the swim club, ran all the way to the pool. Jumped right in. Jumped off the side of the wall many times. Shook with happiness and clapped for myself every time I blew bubbles or went under the water which I did a lot without crying.
Just call me aquawoman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cassidy, I'm glad to hear you cry at your lessons too. I've been at swimming lessons the last 2 weeks and i hate them! I LOVE to swim at any other pool but the one where the lessons are...it's soooo cold! My grandma's pool is almost 90 degrees and I love it there. Anyway, you look like you're having fun. So can't wait to see you in VT and we can go down the water slide at our pool here in Chester. You will love it!

see ya soon..William